10 Mar Top 7 Pocket-Friendly Kitchen Renovation Ideas
The cost of renovating your entire kitchen can add up quickly. And there is much more to consider than just which style you like in the kitchen when doing big renovations. Finding innovative ways to redesign your kitchen, without breaking the bank can be a hard task. So, to help you save on money, yet still achieve your dream kitchen area, we’ve come up with 7 pocket-friendly kitchen ideas.
1. Paint Cabinets: Painting your kitchen cabinets is a quick and easy way to upgrade your kitchen. With a quick paint job, you can give your kitchen cabinets a brand-new look. Adding a fresh coat of paint can change the dull look of them and add some vibrance to your kitchen. It a can brighten up the room and give you a new outlook on your kitchen layout. Some colors can even give the illusion of a larger kitchen space, which is why considering the size of your kitchen is important. Overall, adding color to your kitchen should be fun but you want to keep in mind the depth and décor or your kitchen area when repainting your kitchen cabinets.
2. Change Out Hardware: Homeowners can sometimes underestimate the power in attention to kitchen detail. Swapping out your cabinet and drawer hardware is another inexpensive way to give your kitchen a mini-makeover. Consider using new materials for hardware, such as metal, brass, or granite. You can even mix materials, to give your kitchen cabinets a unique and custom styling. Customizing your hardware is a great way to add personality to your kitchen.
3. Install New Lighting: Updating your kitchen with new lights and light fixtures is a great way to create a new kitchen ambience. There are many styles, sizes, and few materials to consider when replacing your light fixtures, but always keep in mind your budget. Along with this, keep in mind the overall design of your kitchen space because this could help in deciding on which type of lights you want to use and where you want them placed. Certain lighting can help or hurt your kitchen atmosphere. Choosing the right lighting, such as LED, incandescent, or fluorescent, can help your kitchen appear smaller or bigger than it is.
4. Refresh Counters: Refreshing your kitchen countertops with a fresh coat of paint can transform the look of your kitchen in minutes. If your countertops are made of a material that can be painted over, consider adding a fresh coat of paint to them. Choose a color that complements the rest of your kitchen design and gives your counters a new look. You can even chose visually appealing or textured countertops, such as marble slabs, bricked, or wood. There are many countertop choices and DIY options. Replacing your kitchen countertop can create a whole new style for your kitchen design.
5. Update Backsplash: A new backsplash can also do wonders for your kitchen. Choose from a variety of designs, colors and materials, that will best fit for your budget. Backsplashes are also a idea when you want to add texture to your kitchen design. Something to keep in mind is complementing your backsplash with your existing kitchen décor.
6. Swap Out Appliances: If your appliances are outdated, you can always invest in some new ones that are more energy-efficient and cost-effective. Although appliances can be more of a costly renovation idea, there are still great deals and affordable appliances out there. And when you do choose to invest more into your appliances, choosing energy efficient appliances, like ENERGY STAR, can help save you on lots of money on utility bills annually. That’s why this kitchen idea is too good to cancel out.
7. Install Open Shelving: Open shelving is an easy and inexpensive way to add storage and style to your kitchen. Display your extra space and give your kitchen a modern and airy look. Open shelving allows for you to store those bigger kitchen items, without cluttering up your cabinet space. They’re also a good idea to show off your good China, or even kitchen art. And the best part about open shelving is you get to optimize your storage space. Customizing your shelving by size, material and kitchen placement allows for more versatility and overall space. This is a popular choice for homeowners because it’s a simple and inexpensive solution to added storage space. However, it is important to consider that with open shelving, it may be harder to store some kitchen items, such as pots and pans, and it also makes it easier for dishware to accumulate dusts. So, consider adding a half rack of open shelving instead of a full rack. This way your kitchen design has the versatility of kitchen cabinets and open shelving to store your kitchen items.
1. What are the best kitchen cabinet colors?
There are many kitchen trend colors that seems to be most popular in 2023. But overall, the right kitchen color depends on your individual style. Bold and bright colors are the new trend because they add a sense of vibrancy to the kitchen area. If this is your style, then choosing bright colors such as hints of yellow, green, or even red could work well for your kitchen. But if you’re more of a neutral personal, and relate to more soft colors then, soft yellows, tans, or even soft greens could create a more natural toned kitchen environment.
2. What kitchen trend is the most cost efficient?
Our top 7 kitchen renovation ideas are a great way to spruce up the kitchen on a budget. If you’re looking for the most inexpensive idea on the list, then changing out your kitchen hardware or choosing a kitchen backsplash are your best options.
3. Where is the best place to shop for kitchen cabinets?
If you’re looking to invest more into the quality of your kitchen cabinets, then choosing the right cabinet retailer matters! Look for you, Ninth Island WoodCrafters carries a wide variety of quality wood cabinetry. With our expert designers and top of the line wood material, we’re sure to ensure your home design. Our extreme attention to detail in our design, build and installation work makes us the best cabinet company option. Get your free quote for your dream kitchen today!